RFC: Stable Release Management

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Oct 4 17:05:07 CEST 2010

[...]

> > - It would be great to see this on the FAI wiki, I believe this would be the
> >   most appropriate place.
>
> This was my plan, in the long run I'd like to have something like
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/ for
> FAI.

That's a very nice document indeed; but myself I wouldn't commit to writing
things up at this level of detail. If anyone volunteers I'd be glad to help,
though.

> > - It would be great if you could git svn commit your changes (or make them
> >   otherwise publicly accessible) rather sooner than later; for the recent
> >   releases (3.4.2 and earlier ones) it seemed that we only got to seem them
> >   after you had uploaded to ftp-master. Not a big deal, however, as there's lots
> >   of (public!) discussion on the mailinglists anyway and it's pretty clear what
> >   goes in and what does not.
>
> Sure, the delay in pushing my changes back to svn for 3.4.2 resulted
> in having to figure out the best workflow to get those changes back.
> Now having resolved that I'll push changes back to svn as soon as
> I've applied them to my git repository.

No need to rush :-) - at least myself I enjoy the freedom of partly rewriting
history until the patches are as beautiful as I'd like them to be.

Best,