problems with lvm configurations

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Oct 13 10:59:28 CEST 2008

[...]
> I wasn't thinking as much about renaming vg's or lv's as much as installing
> onto a system that already has them, and letting them be removed.  Only the
> ones that are to be preserved would be renamed.  I don't really consider it a
> common case either, but an administrator could come across a bad naming
> scheme and want to rename the volumes (he may have made the bad names himself
> and changed his mind later ;) ).

Ok, preserving volumes should work fine (hopefully!), but, as said, renaming is
not supported. I'd wait for further requests of this feature before thinking
about an implementation.

[...]
> > You could of course feel free to prepare patches for the man-page, but I
> > guess a README file would be a lot easier to write, and I'd integrate it
> > with the man-page afterwards. Furthermore, the fai-guide could also be a
> > nice point to include such kinds of information. Then, again, a README
> > seems like a great start.
> >
> The reason that I was offering is because most of the explanation of how to
> make the configuration is in the bnf part, with a few examples.  I was
> thinking of making it a bit more human readable. Although I might not be able
> to capture it as fully as the bnf, I can probably stress the main points.

Oh, yes, that would be really really great!!

> The reason I was thinking of the README file, is because I've never written a
> manpage before.  I may have an easier time adding to the guide.

I'd be really grateful if you could contribute some documentation, so please
don't care too much about the formatting, I guess we can get the formatting done
afterwards.

Thanks in advance,