Proposal for a new disk configuration utility

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Sat Apr 29 16:26:54 CEST 2006

    > size ::= [[:digit:]]+%?(-[[:digit:]]+%?)?
do we need somethings like this?

disk_config sdb
logical - size_sda1 default ext2

this means make this partition the same size as sda1. Isn't this needed
for RAID setups?

> # Create a softRAID
> disk_config raid
> raid1        /    sda1,sdd1  rw,errors=3Dremount-ro    ext2
> # create a RAID-1 on /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdd1, format using mkfs.ext2
> # and mount it as /

How can I specify the size of the partitions sda1 and sdd1 in the
example above? I think I can do it with the default lines for a
partition but without specifying a mount point (or using -). Am I right?