addpackages removed in FAI 2.9?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Dec 28 18:36:19 CET 2005

    > My test system ends up with no kernel being installed - looks like my
    > addpackages variable gets ignored. The exact same config works fine with
    > FAI 2.8.4.

Have a look at NEWS:

New in FAI 2.8
.
.
.
    - variable $addpackages removed from examples scripts

So it was removed even earlier. Maybe it was first removed from the
*.var files, later it was also removed from the scripts, but I'm not
sure. Variable substitution was also remove in packages_config. Have a
look at the new examples, how a kernel is now defined.