addpackages removed in FAI 2.9?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Dec 28 17:44:41 CET 2005

Hi,
just trying to test my own (instead of the example config) configspace
running with FAI 2.9.

My test system ends up with no kernel being installed - looks like my
addpackages variable gets ignored. The exact same config works fine with
FAI 2.8.4.

I remember very vaguely there was some talk about removing addpackages,
but I see no hint about that in the changelog of the package, and can't
find a searchable archive of the fai-commit logs.

(Unfortunately the system doesn't get a kernel when tyring to just add
the same value to the host's package_config.)

Henning