/people/lazyboy/r-2_8_4-fai-cd_sarge_fixes - two bugfixes merged together

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Dec 5 14:22:45 CET 2005

    > - what about branches that are not connected to the BTS directly? where
    > will it be documented that they are merged into the branches defined in
    > my Howto addition?
I think I will send an email to the author of this branch. Then he can
delete his branch and update the wiki page concerning the branches.

    > - how exactly does it have to be marked where with usertags where the
    > fix can be found instead of this bugfix branch? For example, how does
    > the usertag look like, that tells users that they find a hafway stable
    > and tested FAI version, where bug 320024 is fixed in
    > subversion /people/Mrfai/2.8.4-sarge-fixes/? This is an important
    > information for a user.
I think the user can only choose between the official sarge release,
the sarge-with-bugfixes svn trunk or the main trunk. These "release"
will contain more or less bug fixes. IMO we cannot add all information
for every bug, where it is fixed and where not. Normally the changelog
will tell the user if a certain bug is closed in this version.