/people/lazyboy/r-2_8_4-fai-cd_sarge_fixes - two bugfixes merged together

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 21:29:14 CET 2005

Hi,
Sorry for getting back at that so late...

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 19:30 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 14 November 2005 20:59, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > > since I applied your patches to the trunk and to my 2.8.4-sarge-fixes
> > > branch, your branches are not needed any more. What does our HOTWO
> > > recommends now? Will you delete your three branches that are not
> > > needed any more? Or should I do it, since I merged them into the main
> > > sources?
> [steps deleted]
> > I can do that in the next few days.
>
> can you also please update the howto ?!

I added some lines, but I have some issues with that:

- what about branches that are not connected to the BTS directly? where
will it be documented that they are merged into the branches defined in
my Howto addition?

- how exactly does it have to be marked where with usertags where the
fix can be found instead of this bugfix branch? For example, how does
the usertag look like, that tells users that they find a hafway stable
and tested FAI version, where bug 320024 is fixed in
subversion /people/Mrfai/2.8.4-sarge-fixes/? This is an important
information for a user.

Henning