fai package splitting

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon Oct 17 17:37:41 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Monday 17 October 2005 16:12, Henning Glawe wrote:
> some remarks:
> - fai-nfsroot: your fai-nfsroot package is as dangerous as mine; installing
>   this to a working system will make it unbootable (due to the diversion of
>   start-stop-daemon). there should be some sanity check to prevent this:
>   debconf could help, though hacky:
>
>   * qustion "do you want to destroy your system?", default no, priority low

That question is certainly badly worded :)

But I'm not sure if a better wording is what we need. Why not have a
postinst-script which only executes the "potentially bad things" if it finds
signs of a chroot which was created by make-fai-nfsroot ?

Say, make-fai-nfsroot touches /etc/fai/this-is-a-fai-nfsroot and then the
preinst-script checks if that exists. If not, it fails and aborts.

Preinst should be even better than postinst...

regards,
	Holger