[Fwd: Version control and code sharing for fai multidistribution development - was Re: FAI]

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Aug 11 11:20:06 CEST 2005

Hi Florent,

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 14:48 +0200, Florent Vuillemin wrote:
> Hello, here is the archive :
> http://r.b.t.free.fr/fai/fai-md.tgz (gmail doesn't want it as attached file)
>
> All (or almost) my changes are preceeded by the following commentary:
> #### SMITH
> (Smith is the name of the project I'm working for)
>
> At the moment, I've not yet solved the problem of the network boot:
> how to use different boot kernels simultaneously on the server, if
> necessary.
> I will not write a lot of code during this week as I have some reports
> to write, but don't hesitate to contact me if you need details about
> the code.

I did not already get to create a subversion repository to make code
sharing easier, but I am working on that.

When having a first glance at your code I have one question:
which is the basis of the package to which you sent the link here? It
looks a bit like the sources of the package fai, the result of apt-get
source fai, but without the debian directory and some documentation
removed, which leads to the impossibility to create a package from that
code. I solved that for me by just copying the debian directory from the
2.8.4 source, but I wonder why this is missing anyway.

Henning