porting fai to rpm distributions: s/apt/smartpm/g?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jul 6 19:26:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 03:33:10PM +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > I've been discussing with Henning^2
>
> -> I'm Henning Sprang (othwerwise you/others never know who is 2 or 1) :)

I meant both Hennings, "^2" is a square ;)

> Are you subscribed to the fai-devel mailing list (because that's the place
> where this discussion should take place)?

Yes, I am now, and this reply goes to the devel list.

As a follow-up: I talked with Henning Glawe on smart integration
today, and he has some reservations on whether smart would nicely fit
into fai due to API concerns. Henning G. would rather see a less
invasive proof of concept by using apt for rpm, but as outlined in the
previous mail, I personally think that would be a dead-end.

I would suggest that if smart would be even remotely considered for
fai, then the fai team could set up specifications they'd like smart
to fulfill, and present them to the smart developers.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net