[python-users] Chat about Jupyter Notebook in Version Control

Amit Rathi amit at nurtch.com
Di Aug 7 20:57:18 CEST 2018

If any of you are Jupyter Notebook users then I can use some help. I'm
planning to build a tool in this space & wanted to understand challenges in
using Jupyter Notebooks with version control system like Git.

In my experience these problem stand out:

   - Notebook diff is hard to read. Hence we can't do code reviews on
   GitHub.
   - Merging in remote changes is hard due to JSON format of Notebook files
   (.ipynb)

I'm planning to build a solution that uses GitHub APIs and makes it easy to
review PR, write comments etc. Would you be open to couple of questions
regarding it over email?

Look forward to it.

Thanks,
Amit Rathi