[python-users] Fwd: [nzpug] Job opening at Canonical on the Launchpad team

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Di Apr 27 09:08:50 CEST 2010

Vielleicht hat ja jemand in Koeln was es braucht fuer diesen Job.

Die Canonical-Mitarbeiter arbeiten normalerweise von zu Hause in weltweiten
Teams zusammen.

Guy

Subject: [nzpug] Job opening at Canonical on the Launchpad team
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010, 17:27:25
From: Tim Penhey <tim at penhey.net>
To: NZ Python User Group <nzpug at googlegroups.com>

Hi Python people,

I have an opening on my team[0].  I lead the launchpad-code team on the
Launchpad[1] project.  We deal with the code-hosting side.  This includes all
the associated pages on the web app (anything at code.launchpad.net), code
reviews, foreign VCS mirrors, code browser, scaling of the code-hosting server
itself, both physical storage and network connections, and also supporting the
distro team in their use of Launchpad.  Launchpad uses Bazaar[2] as a DVCS.

A high level of python understanding is preferred but not required.  You
should have a good understanding of at least one other object oriented
language.

Unfortunately Canonical is not really a work environment which supports
intensive mentoring as you work from home, and need to manage your own time to
get things done.

Easiest way to apply is to email me and CC hr at canonical.com

Tim

[0] http://webapps.ubuntu.com/employment/canonical_LP-SEC/