PXE-booting UEFI machines

andrej tinkster at proton.me
Fri Jul 26 03:43:04 CEST 2024

Hi,

I'm seeing some strange behaviour for a bunch of recent supermicro mini-servers that I'm trying to build using FAI. As opposed to the VMs I've been building initially (testing, much faster turn-around) which use BIOS mode and typically (I had to try a second boot on a few occasions) "just work"™ I'm seeing odd behaviour with the UEFI supermicros. They will only start PXE booting after at least 3 restarts, some take up to 15 (!!) and I was wondering whether anyone has seen similar behaviour, or, better yet, a solution :)

Cheers,
Tink

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.