Single FAI server, multiple Debian versions?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Jan 17 09:06:14 CET 2024

Il 16/01/2024 16:20, Robert Markula ha scritto:
> Am 16.01.24 um 16:13 schrieb Diego Zuccato:
>> But now the install is saying that it's downloading bullseye packages
>> even if I specified class BOOKWORM64. Surely I've messed up something.
>> Work for tomorrow :)
> Have a look at your class/DEBIAN file in your FAI config space. There
> should be a line that says:
> release=bookworm
I have a DEBIAN.var file that also defines some other variables.

> Alternatively, if you want to be able to install multiple distributions
> or versions, you can create your own class/BOOKWORM64.var file. It just
> needs to contain the 'release'-line from above.
I copied DEBIAN.var to BOOKWORM64.var, then changed the var to
release=bookworm .
I also defined APTPROXY line to be sure file got read. And Actually it
is. But in the console I get a
fcopy: no matching file for any class for etc/apt/sources.list defined
so it seems it copies the one from nfsroot (it should be handled by
scripts/LAST/50-misc , but isn't LAST a bit late?).

So I also added hooks/task_repository/repository.BOOKWORM64 containing:
-8<--
#!/bin/bash

echo <<EOF > $target/etc/apt/sources.list
# Created by $0
deb $apt_cdn/debian $release main contrib non-free
deb $security_cdn/debian-security ${secsuite} main contrib non-free
EOF
-8<--
But it seems it's not the correct solution, since task_updatebase still
fetches from bullseye :(
Hints?

Tks.

--