EFI Partition not ESP flagged

Dara Poon dwpoon+fai at ece.ubc.ca
Sat Feb 25 00:13:24 CET 2023

Karsten,

What's your disk_config line?  If you declare a partition to be bootable, for example with:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt bootable:2

then setup-storage will do the equivalent of

parted -s /dev/sda set 2 boot on

On GPT, parted treats as an alias for "esp" (https://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/html_node/set.html), so it should give that partition the ESP GUID.

Dara Poon