fai-make-nfsroot docs and missing reboot

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue May 31 10:56:50 CEST 2022

Hello all.

FAI noob here, please be patient :)

Reading man page for fai-make-nfsroot it seems 'FULL' install is the
default. But after having troubles adding Salt repository (could not
verify server certificate), I noticed that ca-certificates (installed
only in FULL nfsroot) was not present. After using
fai-make-nfsroot -k -c FULL
it works. That makes me suspect that the actual default is -s .
Could the man page be improved by specifying which is the case?

Moreover, at the end of the install, after saying there were no errors,
FAI asked to press ENTER to reboot, but IIUC that should me automatic,
w/o manual confirmation: docs at
https://fai-project.org/fai-guide/#_a_id_faiflags_a_fai_flags says that
"If no errors occurred, the client will always reboot automatically."
and that seems not to be the case (but it's exactly what I wanted: no
error = boot into newly installed SO w/o any interaction, while
specifying 'reboot' seems to suggest that it reboots also in case of
errors).

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato