Transient secrets

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Thu Jul 7 08:22:05 CEST 2022

Hey,

I'm not sure if this is preferred or not, but the approach I take is to
have a command we run first, that copies any required secrets (and will
generate SSH host keys and puppet certs if required first) into the NFS
root. A cron job runs every 15 minutes and cleans up any of those
secrets which are older than 2 hours (this could be much shorter).

Cheers,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand