Root Password,

bruno pinto pinto at lal.in2p3.fr
Fri Sep 24 16:31:43 CEST 2021

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a question about the encryption of the password ROOT.
I followed the FAI Guide and the guide tell to encrypt the password with mkpasswd, after that the guide tell to put into the file "FAIBASE.var" in the variable $ROOTPWto put on $ROOTPW.
The command it's "echo "passwd" | mkpasswd -m md5 -s"
But I have a problem when I encrypt my password and when the desktop client finished the installation, the user don't have the password I put in.
Someone could help me find the solution please?

Kind regards,
Bruno FERREIRA PINTO    TEL:0164468580
Service Informatique
IJCLab