Managing LVM + RAID install on a machine with EFI

Rémy Dernat remy.d1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 09:43:27 CET 2021

Hi,

I currently have that kind of disk configuration for my UEFI machines :

```
disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos bootable:1 fstabkey:uuid

primary /           40G-200G    ext4  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical /tmp        20G-50G      ext4  rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
createopts="-L tmp -m 0" tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"
logical /scratch    30%-        ext2  rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
createopts="-L scratch -m 1" tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"
logical swap        200-1G      swap  sw
## logical /home  30%-  ext4  rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev createopts="-L home
-m 1" tuneopts="-c 0 -i 0"
```

I would like to change it to softraid + LVM. After reading setup-storage
man page, I think it should seems like that :

```
disk config disk1
primary - 2G - -
primary swap 2G swap sw,pri=1
primary - 0- - -

disk_config disk2 sameas:disk1

disk_config raid fstabkey:uuid
raid1 /boot disk1.1,disk2.1 ext4 rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
raid1 - disk1.3,disk2.3 - -

disk_config lvm fstabkey:uuid
vg vg_system md1
vg_system-root / 40G-200G ext4 rw,noatime
vg_system-tmp /tmp 20G-50G ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
vg_system-scratch /scratch 30%- ext2 rw,noatime
##vg_system-home /home 30%- ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
```

I could also say that I am not sure about what would be the first disk, or
even if it is a SSD (NVMe, PCIe, SATA...) or HDD...

Can anyone can take a look at this disk configuration and confirm if it is
look ok to him ?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Rémy.