Parmeter DEFCONSOLE=ttyS0,115200n8 / fai.me

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 29 17:38:26 CET 2021

    > Hi folks, is it possible to set the parameter DEFCONSOLE=ttyS0,115200n8
    > via grub options? As a beginner I'm trying to get SVGA etc to work with
    > FAI on a small target system without display, only ttyS0 is possible. Do
    > I maybe need to set up a regular FAI install server or not?
I do not know this DEFCONSOLE parameter. Is this something special?
Most people use console=ttyS0,115200n8
If you enter this to  the grub option in the FAIme web page, it will
get added as a debconf question in this way
grub-pc grub2/linux_cmdline_default     string  xxxxxxxxx
This should enable the console on the serial port.