Partition type of USB live image is now "empty"

Alexander Thomas alexander.thomas at esaturnus.com
Thu Jan 28 19:03:15 CET 2021

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 at 18:08, Alexander Thomas
<alexander.thomas at esaturnus.com> wrote:

> To be really sure, we can still set some partition type on the first
> partition. This no longer causes problems in Windows if there already
> is a third partition.

Correction: the above is wrong. Even with the third partition added,
one still cannot use anything else than 0 for the first partition
type, or the Windows partitioning tool will still get confused. Doing
this after Windows has extended the third partition, is safe (which is
how I tested it before, which made me believe it would work).

Regards,
Alexander