Some troubles with grub with buster point release 10.8

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Thu Feb 11 10:17:59 CET 2021

On 11.02.21 09:53, Thomas Lange wrote:

>      > I assume udevadm would return any of the valid device links and by-path
>      > is always set, thus:
>
>      > get_stable_devname() {
>      >      _DEV="$1"
> This does not work, because the order of links returned by udevadm
> changes with every call.

That's what I wanted to do but I "optimized" the function too much and
it does not work anymore...

Thus, second try (not sure if I use the array correctly, but it seems to
work on my test boxes, bonus point attempt to use BASIC style line
numbers as index numbers to leave room for further possibilities ;-)):

get_stable_devname() {
     _DEV="$1"

     declare -a _RES

     # prefer SCSI over ATA over WWN over path

     for i in $(udevadm info -r --query=symlink "$_DEV")
     do
         if [[ "$i" =~ /by-id/scsi ]]
         then
             _RES[10]="$i"