Some troubles with grub with buster point release 10.8

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Feb 8 11:43:59 CET 2021

At first glance I seem to be affected as well ...

On Mon, 2021-02-08 at 11:31:18 +0100, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

> On 08.02.21 11:21, Thomas Lange wrote:
> > I also have some machines that are stuck because of this. I wonder why
> > not all machines are affected.
>
> so far - as almost all our machine use gpt or gpt-bios disk labels, we use
> the attach script to fix the issue (obviously not 100% fail-save) but should
> be close enough (for us).

Doesn't Colin suggest to use a _space_ separated list?
(Apparently commas are harmless in this context?)

I had run into a very similar problem last week (before the point release),
but didn't have the time to further investigate. Perhaps it's not so similar
as I'm hoping now :/

> Please use at your own risk :)

Rewriting, at my own risk ;)

Thanks for looking into this,