CD, NFSROOT and expiring DHCP lease

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Fri Aug 20 10:20:08 CEST 2021

On Thu, 2021-04-29 at 22:48 +1200, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> >     > Is there an approach so that ISO images created with fai-cd
> > perform
> >     > DHCP lease renewals?
> > As a workaround, you could write a hook, that starts dhclient.
> > Since the hooks are on the ISO and will be executed, this should
> > work
> > until I release a new FAI version with a fix.
>
> Yup, sure thing. I'll see about doing this tomorrow.

I can now confirm that this didn't work, in fact it made things worse!

Running dhclient caused a second IP to be allocated to the machine
being built which then caused the nfsroot to become unreachable.

I wasn't able to get to the bottom of things as I had to get the new
servers built.

Cheers,
Andrew

--