Setting up third party apt repositories

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Thu Apr 1 01:01:24 CEST 2021

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 at 01:58, Thomas Lange <lange at cs.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>     > #! /bin/bash
>     > error=0; trap 'error=$(($?>$error?$?:$error))' ERR # save maximum error code
>     > source $target/etc/os-release
>     > apt-get -y install apt-transport-https ca-certificates
> If you want more executables inside the nfsroot, put the package names
> into /etc/fai/NFSROOT and recreate the nfsroot.

Thanks for this suggestion .. I'm embarrassed it didn't occur to me.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work in this case either.  Even with
ca-certificates in the nfsroot I'm still getting cert errors during
the 'updatebase' task.

Interestingly, once the install is done if I break out to the shell,
both `apt list --installed | grep ca-cert` AND `$ROOTCMD apt list
--installed | grep ca-cert` show the package is installed, and running
`apt update` at that point produces no errors.

I'm not really sure what's going on there .. I would have expected the
environment to be no different at those two stages.