Fai.me support for i386 and lxqt desktop

Jean-mathieu CHANTREIN jean-mathieu.chantrein at univ-angers.fr
Mon Oct 19 10:10:34 CEST 2020

Hello,

>    > Can fai.me provide iso for 32 bit processors ?
> Currently fai.me does not provide it, but the tools behind this
> service can create cross-architectur images. If you set up your own
> FAI install server you can build your own 32bit ISO image.

Yes and it's great.
May be for some small organization (like some school) with no much knowledge about linux, this feature would be great. But it's not necessary the first goal of fai.me and 32 bits will disappear.

>> Also would it be possible to add the lxqt environment in the desktop choices ?
> You can easiyl create an ISO image with lxqt environment if you choose
> "Plain text console, no X11" and then add the package lxqt-desktop in
> the web form.

Yes, I forgot this package, so it will be working.
Is there a specific reason for not seeing it in the list of desktop environments?

Regards,

Jean-Mathieu