AW: fai-make-nfsroot failing (was: AW: fai-make-nfsroot failing with dracut version 050+35-2)

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Mon May 18 14:27:59 CEST 2020

    >> > I am currently installing a brand new FAI server on Debian
    >> > buster (10.4) with FAI 5.9.4 from the Debian repos.
Are you sure, you are using fai 5.9.4 on your fai server, where you
call fai-make-fnsroot? What's the output of this command?
$ dpkg -l |grep fai-

fai-make-nfsroot should also install the package dracut-live which is
not done in your logs. The only reason I know so far is not using FAI
5.9.4.

Inside fai-make-fnsroot we call these commands to check if the two new
dracut packages are available.

    $ROOTCMD apt show dracut-live dracut-squash >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        pkgs+=" dracut-live dracut-squash"
    fi