AW: fai-make-nfsroot failing (was: AW: fai-make-nfsroot failing with dracut version 050+35-2)

Frank Morawietz Frank.Morawietz at merckgroup.com
Mon May 18 14:10:43 CEST 2020

Hello Thomas,

thanks for you offer.

>    > I am currently installing a brand new FAI server on Debian buster (10.4) with FAI 5.9.4 from the Debian repos.
>
>    > Dracut is missing the 'livenet' module and therefor fails to create the initrd.
>    > I re-ran  fai-make-nfsroot , re-installed all Dracut packages and much more. Nothing helped.
>
> Did you check /etc/fai/apt/sources.list?
>                    ^^^
> Do you use the fai project repos also there?

It looks like this:

# cat /etc/fai/apt/sources.list
# These lines should work for many sites

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

# repository that may contain newer fai packages for buster
deb [trusted=yes] http://fai-project.org/download buster koeln

> Please put your fai-make-nfsroot -v log onto paste.debian.net or send
> it to me. Then I will have a look.

Please find it at <https://paste.debian.net/1147432/>

Let me know if I can provide more information. Or if you are interested what I did to cope with the errors in above log so far.

Regards,
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.