Package dependency problems

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 10 21:11:43 CET 2020

An update ...

So my fai install was hung, waiting for 30 minutes trying to contact the
snap store. I got onto the target machine, deleted /usr/bin/snap, made
it a symlink to /bin/true, and the install got going again.

Geez, what a load of bullstuff.  Maybe I can add a hook to create that
file before fai starts installing packages.

Just to be clear, I am not blaming this on fai. Not at all. Who's
brilliant idea was it to make it impossible to install chromium in a
chroot environment? There ought not be such a package in the
debian/ubuntu repository.