FAI 5.9 released, adding UEFI support

Martin Krämer mk.maddin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:26:28 CET 2020

Hi Thomas,

thanks for that.
Greate improvement I have waited for long :)

I just found that after building my own fai-cd with FAI 5.9 using a custom
grub.cfg there is an error with booting.
For reference of the grub.cfg I downloaded the "faicd64-small_5.9.iso" and
found that the
"Client standalone installation" entry and "Rescue System" are working
fine, while
"FAI server installation" (both) are not working on your fai-cd, too.

After a short check I found that the line:
"search --set=root --file /FAI-CD" is missing within my grub.cfg and within
your "FAI server installation" entries.
So as soon as I add this line as it is within "Client standalone
installation" and "Rescue System" all entries are working.

Just thought I give you a short information - maybe you would like to fix
this on the "faicd64-small_5.9.iso", too.
(Not sure if other faicd-* downloads are affected, too).
Mine is working fine again now.

Kind Regards

Martin