Creating a 100% offline FAI installer

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Apr 10 12:01:15 CEST 2020

Hi Thomas,

here is another question. I want to create a 100% offline installer
via FAI. The resulting system, though, shall have all sources.list
files setup correctly, so that packages will get updated via http
locations. Furthermore, the to-be-installed system will have these APT
conf variables set:

Acquire::http::Proxy "http://webcache:3128";
Acquire::ftp::Proxy "http://webcache:3128";

With fai-mirror, I have created a reprepro tree now containing (as it
seems) all required packages.

With fai-cd, I created an ISO images, containing that mirror. During
installation, the mirror gets also mounted into the /target chroot (to
/target/media/mirror).

Also the sources.list file of the NFSROOT gets replaced by this:

```
deb [trusted=yes] files:/media/mirror cskoeln non-free main contrib
```

However, in the /target chroot, I only have the http package archives
configured in /etc/apt/sources.list(.d)/*.list as found in my FAI
config space. The configuration that states how the APT setup shall be
after the installation has finished.

However, this APT sources configuration is also already used during
the FAI installation. I was expecting that these settings get
overriden by APT using file:/media/mirror instead.

So, what is the best approach to address this? Do I have to add a
sources.list with file:/media/mirror manually to my FAI config space
under files/, manually, (and disable all the others temporarily? Or am
I missing some mechanism that on-the-fly adds file:/media/mirror as
APT mirror inside the /target chroot?

Thanks for any feedback provided!

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31