Adding the option to customize grub boot arguments...

Robert Spiteri rspiteri01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 05:43:14 CEST 2019

Hi,

That is exactly my problem as well. Was going to send an email when I
received yours.

I started testing FAI on my machines and booting time and logging in was
taken ages (sometime 5 minutes+) due to drm_kms_helper errors.

The parameter video=SVIDEO-1:d saved the day and the system now fully boots
in less than a minute.

Therefore I feel that adding the option to customise the boot parameters
that go in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in the FAI.me service would be really
helpful instead of having to manually set things up post-installation thus
defeating the purpose of a fully automatic install.

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert