Configuring uefi boot

CSCI Technician tech at csci.viu.ca
Tue Nov 26 19:28:31 CET 2019

On 11/26/19 6:08 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:
>      > The related classes defined are GRUB and GRUB_EFI.  GRUB_PC is not
>      > defined.  What I'm not sure how to fix is to get grub-install to realize
>      > this is an efi and not a bios install so that it should be using the efi
>      > path instead of the i386-pc path.
> I do not know how grub decides or detects when to use EFI. In FAI we
> check if /sys/firmware/efi exists. Is /sys mounted to /target during
> the installation? Otherwise this is a grub, not a FAI problem.

This is likely a dumb/obvious question but do you need to be booted in
uefi mode for the the install to use uefi?
I don't have a /sys/firmware/efi or a /target/sys/firmware/efi during
the install.  I had thought there was a way to tell FAI to configure the
boot on the target for uefi regardless of what FAI is running in.

In looking at grub-install it also looks for /sys/firmware/efi.

Cheers,
Merlin.

--
Merlin Hansen