[External] Configuring uefi boot

Bob A bob at phxlab.honeywell.com
Tue Nov 26 16:19:12 CET 2019

Honeywell Internal

CSCI Technician wrote:

Hi,

I continue to work through getting Debian Buster deployed to new hardware... I'm now trying to get it configured so the target uses uefi to boot.  I've managed to get most of it but I'm missing something.

In Shell.log I'm seeing this:
=====   shell: GRUB_EFI/10-setup   =====
ainsl: appending to /target/etc/default/grub: GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true
grub-install: error: /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh doesn't exist.

I suspect you do not have a "vfat" partition as required for UEFI. Something like this in disk_config should do the trick:

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt bootable:1 fstabkey:uuid
primary /boot/efi     512M     vfat      rw
primary /             8192-    ext4      rw,errors=remount-ro createopts="-L root"
primary swap          RAM:100% swap      sw                   createopts="-L swap"

I may be forgetting another step, but hopefully this will be a step in the right direction for you.