Questions regarding PACKAGES remove

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Mar 21 18:40:15 CET 2019

Hi Andreas,

I wonder why you get this error, because apt-get says it does not even
know this package. If I like to remove a package that's in the
database I get this output

veedel[~]# apt-get purge moon-buggy
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'moon-buggy' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16 not upgraded.

Maybe you may have removed some sources.list entries, so apt-get
complains about unknown packages.

    > 2. fai-mirror complains that it doesn't know how to deal with "PACKAGES
    > remove". It doesn't include these packages either, so it is harmless but
    > may be easily correctable.
This may be a bug of fai-mirror. You cloud also remove a package by
appending a minus (-) to the package name but still let in in a
PACKAGES install section.