UEFI booting

Jerry Steele ticktockhouse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 19:41:10 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm using FAI 5.8.4 and am attempting to get a machine to boot via UEFI.
I'm fairly new to UEFI as a whole, but feel like I understand the basics.
I've got a fairly complex LVM-on-RAID disk config, and I've done a few
things that look like they should work, but don't..

Here's my disk_config:

disk_config disk1
primary /boot/efi 200 vfat rw
primary - 350 - -
primary swap 2G swap sw,pri=1
primary - 0- - -

disk_config disk3 disklabel:gpt
primary - 350 - -
primary - 7T - -

disk_config disk2
primary - 200 vfat rw
primary - 350 - -
primary swap 2G swap sw,pri=1
primary - 0- - -

disk_config disk4 sameas:disk3

disk_config raid fstabkey:uuid
raid1 /boot disk1.2,disk2.2 ext4 rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
raid1 - disk1.4,disk2.4 - -
raid1 - disk3.2,disk4.2 - -

disk_config lvm
vg vg_system md1
vg_system-root / 8G ext4 rw,noatime
vg_system-var /var 8G- ext4 rw,noatime

disk_config lvm fstabkey:uuid
vg vg_data md2
vg_data-backup /mnt/backup 100G ext4 rw,noatime
vg_data-media /mnt/media 100G- ext4 rw,noatime

I've also made sure that the machine has the GRUB_EFI class, and can see
that the script runs (and doesn't error). On rebooting, the machine fails
to boot off EFI, dumping me into the shell.

I know I'm missing something, but can't seem to piece it together from the
various posts on this matter that I've found whilst googling.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

--
---

Jerry Steele