Yes, it can be done - Re: Install ZFS root with FAI?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Apr 10 10:45:58 CEST 2019

On Thu, 2019-04-04 at 10:09:13 +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 11:35:15 +0100, Robert Markula wrote:
> > great to hear! Maybe you could write it up in the FAI wiki when you're
> > ready so things don't get lost in the mailman archive?
>
> I've written up something (6 pages plain text), and eventually found the
> wiki itself, but now I need to get write access first.
> Is this the right place to ask for it?

After getting access to the Wiki, I added the article in the Howto section:

https://wiki.fai-project.org/index.php?title=ZFS_root_with_Debian_Stretch_and_FAI

Since the original file was lost, I had to recover the text using OCR.
I spotted and fixed a number of recognition errors, but may have missed
one or two more. Let me know if you find anything...

- S