UEFI issues booting into FAI sysinfo on Dell PowerEdge

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 3 14:44:54 CEST 2018

    > After finding how to distinguish between BIOS and UEFI PXE requests, and
    > setting up the DHCP/TFTP server accordingly, it was only "yet another step"
    > to find and add ldlinux.e64 to get the machine booting.
I use syslinux.efi in the dhcpd.conf for UEFI machines. I have
syslinux.efi and ldlinux.e64 in my tftp directory. Then I can use the
same syntax in the pxelinux.cfg files as before.

    > /var/log/daemon shows both requests and nothing more after them.
I had problems with a broken UEFI Bios on a Thinkpad. Upgrading the
BIOS fixed the issue for me.
I would try another machine using UEFI.