Including other signed Debian repositories (with https)

Christian Meyer c2h5oh at web.de
Mon Oct 1 21:19:18 CEST 2018

Hello Thomas,

Am Sonntag, den 30.09.2018, 13:51 +0200 schrieb Thomas Lange
> > I wanted to add my own (signed) Debian repository to get some
> > customized packages in my FAI-installations.
> Do you want to install the packages into the nfsroot or install them
> on the install clients?

The packages should be installed on the install clients.
There is no need to have them in the nfsroot.

Thanks for pointing me into it. I simply overlooked it.
Now it's clear that I can define a
/srv/fai/config/files/etc/apt/sources.list/DEFAULT
and a corresponding /srv/fai/config/package_config/DEFAULT.asc

Second problem has been https, but I belive I already found the
simplest solution.
For this to work you need apt-transport-https and ca-certificates.
When you just put them in /etc/fai/NFSROOT it is not enough and you get
an:
"E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found."
while booting into the nfsroot.

This is because of $target and $ROOTCMD are called from nfsroot during
updatebase / instsoft.

So you must include them in /etc/fai/nfsroot.conf to be included in the
basefile:
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=info --include=apt-transport-https,ca-
certificates"

So again: Thanks a lot!

Christian