Issue with dracut 048 and Ubuntu

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Nov 14 14:03:51 CET 2018

    > The nfsroot: Stretch, FAI 5.7.2 and initially dracut 048.
    > The server: Ubuntu Trusty (I know), with FAI 5.3.2 from the FAI PPA.

    > The root cause of my issue was that fai-make-nfsroot bailed out of
    > building my nfsroot because of this error:
    > mount: mount point /srv/fai/nfsroot.stretch/dev/pts does not exist

Hi Andrew,

is this a trusty nfsroot or a Debian nfsroot on a trusty server? Maybe
send the fai-make-nfsroot.log to me.
I've checked all Debian and Ubuntu basefiles I've created (using a
debootstrap on a Debian machine) and they always include /dev/pts. Maybe
the debootstrap on trusty do not create /dev/pts inside the nfsroot.

    > This might just be an issue on Trusty, not sure, but Thomas, what do
    > you think about adding that mkdir -p?
I can do this, but I would like to know if debootstrap on Ubunu causes
this issue.