FAI splash screen / GUI

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Mar 28 16:54:51 CEST 2018

    > Is there a way to hide FAI messages during installation and just show
    > an nice looking image or animation (e.g. just showing the current
    > task)?
First remove verbose from the FAI_FLAGS. When you will much less text
I would use chvt in a hook, which selects another terminal. On this
terminal you could show whatever text you like, maybe using dialog. A
long time ago, I wrote some code for a text based progress indicator
using the dialog command and parsing messages from the fai-monitor.
Not release ready, and only the blue text boxes.

I you have framebuffer support, you can also show ads ;-)
FAI is selling ad space on each installation!