UEFI + Legacy BIOS TFTP/PXELINUX

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 10 13:02:36 CEST 2018

Hi John,

I didn't manage to get network booting using UEFI without grub but
with syslinux running. I copied the syslinux.efi and ldlinux.e64 into
my tftp directory. Using tcpdump I see that the UEFI is getting the
syslinux.efi file (even I use a different name and a symlink). I do
not see any request for the ldlinux.e64 file.

In your setup, are you really getting syslinux with UEFI use the
config from fai-chboot? Maybe your computer has still CSM (the legacy
mode) enabled, and you are still using pxelinux.