fai installation does not create correct /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfacfes

Ralf Brinkmann RBrinkmann at nicos-ag.com
Tue Jul 10 09:49:33 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am about to learn fai.

In my current setup I have a puppet server with a manifest setting up my fai server. During puppet run the fai server is created, configured and and ISO image is created for latter PXE installation. With  this ISO image I did a manual setup of a server, Almost everythinf works as expected.

Probem:
The server created via the FAI ISO image has a faulty /etc/hosts and the /etc/network/interfacfes is not correct. In the nfsroot "/srv/stretch-default-cd/nfsroot/etc" the hosts file is correct an does contain all values. On the machine, created manually frm the ISO image, the /etc/hosts does no longer contain the line with the ip, long hostname short hostname. In the /etc/network/interfaces file you will only find NON-IP as value.

What is wrong and how can I fix it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Ralf