Use of /dev/disk/by-path/... in disk_config?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Sun Jan 21 18:00:09 CET 2018

    > The following packages will be REMOVED:
    >   dracut* zfs-dracut*
    >   initramfs-tools initramfs-tools-core klibc-utils libaio1
    >   libboost-iostreams1.62.0 libboost-random1.62.0 libboost-system1.62.0
    >   libboost-thread1.62.0 libklibc libnspr4 libnss3 librados2 libsgutils2-2
    >   liburcu4 multipath-tools sg3-utils sg3-utils-udev
    > 0 upgraded, 17 newly installed, 2 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
    > [...]

    > I guess it's not the best idea to remove dracut from a FAI nfsroot.
Yep, this is a bad idea. I guess it's because multipath-tools-boot depends
on initramfs-tools instead of linux-initramfs-tool.
I think I will file a bug on this.

    > Since dracut* is kind of an alternative approach to initramfs* you might want
    > to get your packages listed as alternatives, to resolve the dependencies, if
    > that's feasible (is it really a drop-in replacement?)
I will be a replacement for initramfs-tools, but I'm not sure if there
are some multipath hooks for initramfs which needs to be adapted to dracut.