setup-storage fails on blank disk

Holger Parplies wfai at parplies.de
Fri Jan 5 18:12:15 CET 2018

Hi,

Andreas Heinlein wrote on 2018-01-04 14:47:21 +0100 [Re: setup-storage fails on blank disk]:
> Am 03.01.2018 um 17:28 schrieb Holger Parplies:
> > [...]
> > My point: am I missing something, and there is some obscure benefit of
> > putting an LVM container within an extended-partition-container
> > [...]
> > does using 'primary' instead of 'logical' for all three partitions change
> > anything concerning the error you are experiencing?
> > [...]
> yes, you are right - in some way, this *is* a legacy windows issue that
> has developed over time.
> [...]
> On the other hand, up to now we had no problems with that, so no urge to
> change anything. If you think it might help, I could try changing this.

it's not so much that I'm suspecting "that's the problem", it's one thing
I would try out, because it seems rather simple to do so, and because it
*might* make a difference. If it doesn't, it's a cause we can rule out. If
it does, it's a point of knowledge we've gained which might help others in
the future.

You could always reinstall with logical partitions after that to keep your
systems identical ...

Regards,
Holger