Dual FAI Configurations

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jan 3 17:02:11 CET 2018

    > My thought was to replicate the FAI configuration files inside of my
    > ~/local directory and set the relevant FAI environment variables to
    > point to sub-directories of ~/local. Is there a way to do this safely?
There are several places where you can use another dir instead of the
default /etc/fai.
fai-make-nfsroot, fai-mirror, fai-chboot and fai-cd support specifying
a different directory. IIRC they all use -C, but please check the man
pages.

    > If so, which variables do I need to set in my ~/local/etc/fai/fai.conf
Check fai.conf and nfsroot.conf in your ~/local/etc/fai and it's up to
you which things you want to have different and which should be the
same.