No /tmp/fai/, /tmp not writable

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 12 18:32:34 CET 2018

    > upunable to create a /tmp/fai/fai.log. So I can't really tell where the
That's the usual problem when the read-only nfsroot is not writeable.
Even you server was upgraded, I pretty sure that the FAI nfsroot was
not rebuilt.
The read-only issue is often caused by a NFS v4 issue. You can fix
that by forcing NFS v3 for the nfsroot. I do this by adding
nfsver=3 to the pxelinux.cfg file for the install client. The whole
option then looks like this:
root=1.2.3.4:/srv/fai/nfsroot,nfsvers=3

Also make sure you are using the option rootovl if you are using a 4.x
kernel which enables overlayfs. In the past we used the option aufs,
but this is only for 3.x kernels.