A couple of questions about deploying opensuse 42.3 via FAI

Matteo Guglielmi Matteo.Guglielmi at dalco.ch
Tue Dec 18 14:58:10 CET 2018

I built a server which can actually install all

these distros from scratch:

Name: Debian 9 ------> CONSOLE
Name: Debian 9 ------>  GNOME
Name: Ubuntu 18.04 --> CONSOLE
Name: Ubuntu 18.04 -->  GNOME
Name: CentOS 7.4 ----> CONSOLE
Name: CentOS 7.4 ---->  GNOME
Name: CentOS 7.5 ----> CONSOLE
Name: CentOS 7.5 ---->  GNOME
Name: CentOS 7.6 ----> CONSOLE
Name: CentOS 7.6 ---->  GNOME
Name: Fedora 28 -----> CONSOLE
Name: Fedora 28 ----->  GNOME
Name: Fedora 29 -----> CONSOLE
Name: Fedora 29 ----->  GNOME
Name: openSUSE 42.3 -> CONSOLE
Name: openSUSE 42.3 ---> GNOME
Name: openSUSE 15.0 -> CONSOLE
Name: openSUSE 15.0 ---> GNOME

I start from good local repos and then build the
images myself.

Then FAI kicks in.

Then my tiny UFBI (Unattended First Boot Install)
project kicks in and install stuff directly on the
real systems.

I wrote a FAI 'UFBI' class to chain the two.

If you have a place (email?) where I can upload all

this, I would be glad to share it with the community.

I would also let you submit the patches for I don't

know how to do that.

Beside that,

I would still like to find out why I get that error

message when installing openSUSE 42.3.