i386 nfsroot - dracut depends error

Martin Krämer mk.maddin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:58:34 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to make sure this is no error specific to me.

I have installed faiserver from fai-cd.
Straight after server is booted and fai-setup post boot actions completed,
I try to create a i386 nfsroot.

I do this by exactly entering the commands and editing the nfsroot.conf
entries described at:
http://fai-project.org/fai-guide/#_a_id_archcross_a_how_to_install_32_bit_os_from_a_64_bit_os

Then I run fai-make-nfsroot -v -C/etc/fai-i386
Unfortunately this process ends with an unmet dependency of dracut-core.
Here is the error:

 dracut: Depends: dracut-core (>= 047-2) but 044+241-3 is to be installed
ERROR: 25600 25600
ERROR: chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386 apt-get -y -o
Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew --fix-missing install
--no-install-recommends
nfs-common fai-nfsroot rcpbind rsync lftp lshw procinfo dump reserfsprogs
xfsprogs xfsdump btrfs-progs dosfstools hwinfo hdparm
smartmontools subversion rdate emacs25-nox numactl dnsutils
netcat-traditional nmap pxelinux syslinux-common ca-certificates usbutils
pciutils ssh netselect mdadm dracut live-boot- initramfs-tools-
dracut-network sysvinit-core systemd-sysv- wget- curl less
moreutils ntpdate lvm2 psmisc dialog console-common kdb xz-utils grub-pc
linux-image-686-pae apt-transport-https return code 100
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386 apt-get clean
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386 dpkg --configure
--pending
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386 dpkg -C
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot-i386 apt-get clean
1 errors during executing of install_packages
ERROR: install_packages had exit code: 3
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-make-nfsroot.log

I think this is a problem related to debian repository, not fai specific.
Is that correct?