Provisioning Docker Containers with FAI

Itamar Gal itamarggal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:40:13 CET 2017

>     > I'm running variations of the following command:
>
>     >     sudo fai -v -s /etc/fai -c FAIBASE /tmp/test
>
> You must use
> fai -v -s /etc/fai -c FAIBASE dirinstall /tmp/test

That actually is the command I ran - I'm not sure how I managed to
lose the "dirinstall" command. I must have (incorrectly) retyped it
instead of copy-pasting. Sorry about that. Anyway, it looks like I was
missing the protocol scheme from the URL and I also mixed up the
configuration space with the configuration directory. This command
seems to have worked:

    fai -v -C /etc/fai -s file:///srv/fai/config -c FAIBASE dirinstall /tmp/test

> P.S.: Please, no HTML mails.

Sorry about that. I'm using gmail and it HTML-ifies by default. I put
it in "Plain Text Mode" now so hopefully it won't do that.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Itamar